Saltos Gymnastics Club
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
** All winter session recreational programming has been extended to compensate for the sudden covid closure which began on February 10th, 2021. All recreational classes will resume beginning Wednesday, March 31st. Please reference the following for updated class dates:
Saltos Sport Fit & Adult Conditioning:
2 classes remain of the 6 week winter session and will go ahead Monday, March 29th & April 5th
Registration for 6 week spring session, from April 12th – May 17th, is now open.
Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Parkour:
7 of 13 classes remain in all Parkour classes and will take place at their regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, April 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, May 4th, 11th & 18th.
Afternoon Parent & Tot (12:00) & Initiation (1:00) Classes:
7 of 13 classes remain for these afternoon classes and will go ahead Wednesday, March 31st, April 14th, 21st, 28th, May 5th, May 12th & May 19th . Please note there are no afternoon classes during Easter break on Wednesday April 7th.
Evening Initiation (5:00), Rec Gym (3:45 & 5:30) & Rec Trampoline (6:30) Classes:
8 of 13 classes remaining for these afternoon classes and will go ahead Wednesday, March 31st, April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, May 5th, May 12th & May 19th
Teen & Adult Gymnastics:
2 classes remain of the 6 week winter session and will go ahead Wednesday, March 31st & April 7th
Registration for the 6 week spring session, from April 14th – May 19th, is now open.
Parent & Tot, Initiation, Rec Gym & Rec Trampoline
7 of 12 classes remaining for these classes for the Winter Session. There will be no classes on Easter weekend April 2-4th. This session will continue with the 7 classes on Friday, April 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, May 7th, May 14th & May 21st.
Parent & Tot, Initiation, Rec Gym & Gym Champs
7 of 12 classes remaining for these classes for the Winter Session. There will be no classes on Easter weekend April 2-4th. This session will continue with the 7 classes on Saturday, April 10th, 17th, 24th, May 1st, May 8th, May 15th & May 22nd.
Parent & Tot, Initiation, Rec Gym
7 of 12 classes remaining for these classes for the Winter Session. There will be no classes on Easter weekend April 2-4th. This session will continue with the 7 classes on Sunday, April 11th, 18th, 25th, May 2nd, May 9th, May 16th & May 23rd.
All classes in our recreational gymnastics program are designed to maximize fun while learning. We encourage all athletes to reach their full potential at their own pace. Recreational classes focus on developing strength, flexibility, coordination, and confidence while learning new and exciting skills in their chosen discipline.
Saltos offers a variety of recreational programming for ages 18 months to adult in men & women's gymnastics, trampoline, parkour and sport conditioning & fitness. Please explore our website to learn more about each of these exciting programs!
Recreational gymnastics, as its name suggests, caters to anyone from your little or big ones who are just starting out in the sport, to seasoned gymnasts who’d like to train without the pressure of competitions. After all, it’s never too late to start, and this sport caters to anyone looking to enjoy its benefits!
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic we have prepared a Transition Manual for our Recreational Programming. Please download for your reference.
A Successful Skill
What is a successful skill in gymnastics?
In gymnastics, a successful movement is not just a complete movement. In this club a successful skill is a gymnastic movement that the gymnast understands and is able to perform the skill confidently with proper technique, without hesitation or help. The skill should be aesthetically pleasing to the evaluators’ eye and should appear easy for the gymnast to perform.
We’re Flipping Out!! Fall Gymnastics is Back at Saltos! Virtual High Five! Here are a few things to note:
Registration for fall 2020 recreational programming is now OPEN!
Detailed registration and account set up instructions are available in the user account set up tab.
Please note that our facility is cashless until further notice. Registration will be online only using credit card payment.
We are thrilled to offer you the convenience of our New Online Registration System powered by Uplifter.
Due to a high volume of calls during our registration periods, we are not able to process registrations over the phone.
Have registration questions? Please email email@example.com
Once you are registered, we hope that nothing interferes with your child coming to Saltos Gymnastics Club. However, please be aware of the following policies:
- COVID-19: We have worked diligently to create our Return to Play Plan. Our goal is to make our facility as safe as possible so our entire community can have full confidence in their decision to return to our gym. Please read our transitions manual thoroughly and let us know if you have any additional questions!
- MEMBERSHIPS: We require all registrants to have a Membership for our participation in our programs. Those who do not hold an active Membership will be prompted to purchase one at checkout. This year Gymnastics Newfoundland and Labrador (GNL) are altering their fiscal year end; therefore memberships will be purchased for a shortened season - September to June. The cost is cheaper ($26.00 per recreational athlete) this season to reflect this change.
- Saltos Gymnastics Club reserves the right to cancel any programs with insufficient registration. If Saltos cancels your class due to enrollment or scheduling issues, we will transfer you to the next available class of your choice. If we cannot find a comparable and convenient alternative option, you will receive a full refund with no additional administrative fees.
- Refunds are issued for medical reasons only and a medical certificate or doctor’s note must be provided. Medical cancellations will receive a pro-rated refund (less a $25 administration fee per cancelation) or a pro-rated non-refundable credit can be applied to your account for future use (with no additional administrative fees).
- If your desired class is full, please add yourself to the waitlist. If an open spot becomes available, we will contact those on the waitlist in priority order based on the day and time they were added. If an open spot becomes available individuals will be contacted by phone and email and given 24 hours to accept the open spot before we move to the next participant on the list. Due to program demand and high waitlist volumes, once a waitlisted participant has been offered an open spot in one of our programs, they will be removed from all other waitlists.
- If an available spot remains after the first week of classes for our session based programs, all waitlisted participants who are not currently registered in a program will be emailed about the available spot(s). The available spot(s) will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis and can be only processed over the phone. We do this in order to move through waitlists at a reasonable pace and successfully fill our classes. Please only waitlist for programs that you highly desire and that will fit your schedule.
- Makeup classes are NOT offered for cancellations out of our control (Weather, Power outages, etc). If a group misses more than 2 classes due to unforeseen closures during our session a make-up class will be added at the discretion of the club. These classes will be scheduled by Saltos and may not fall during the regularly scheduled class times.
- Jumpstart, Kidsport and other funding sources:
Saltos must receive a confirmation number or letter from the funding organization before placing a participant in a program.
- Discounts for families with 3 or more family members registered in Recreation Programs. * Third family member will receive a 15% discount on program fee (applied to the lowest of these members' fees).*